- To create globally competent engineers in Computer Science & Engineering and interdisciplinary areas that extend the scope of Computer Science Engineering to benefit humanity.
- To prepare students who excel in Computer Science and Engineering through quality education to enable them to succeed in computing & information technology.
- To promote excellence by industry institute interaction and professional activities.
- To inculcate a sense of discipline and responsibility towards nature and society
Program Educational Objective (PEO)
After completion of graduation in Computer Science & Engineering from Government College of Engineering Nagpur , students will be able to
- Analyse problems and develop optimised hardware and software solutions.
- Have the knowledge of fundamental engineering theory and able to innovate.
- Continue to learn and to adapt technology developments combined with deep awareness of ethical responsibilities in profession
- To obtain sound knowledge in the principles and applications of engineering theory and computational systems.
- Identify, formulate and solve software engineering problems and understand the software project management principles.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering in the design and development of computing systems.
- Design and develop hardware / software system to meet desired needs within realistic constraints related to economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, verifiability, and sustainability concerns.
- Use techniques, skills, and modern computer engineering tools, including simulation and modelling, for addressing the needs of engineering profession and interdisciplinary business.
- Understand the computing needs of inter-disciplinary scientific and engineering disciplines and design and develop algorithms and techniques for achieving these.
- Effectively transfer technology to engineering community and society at large on broadly defined engineering needs through technical reports, presentations and software technologies.
- Function as member or leader of team and to understand engineering management principles & finance to manage projects in multidisciplinary environment.
- Engage in life long learning and adapt to rapid changes in computer science & allied areas.