Department of Electronics and Telecommunication
The primary objective of the department is to impart quality education, training and research at the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels in various areas of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering with broad emphasis on design aspects of electronic systems. Here the students are given more practical exposures and innovative methodologies for the design and development in the electronics field, which is the backbone for all Engineering disciplines. It offers an excellent field infrastructure and study environment. It has well qualified and experienced faculty with areas of specialization in communication systems, Signal and Image processing, Embedded systems and VLSI .The well-equipped lab facilities favour individual concentration as there are not more than two or three students in any practical group.
Salient features of Department
- The department is the first choice of the students in Central India.
- Excellent academic results with many university rankers/ highest CGPA.
- Students have undergone Academic/Industry training
- Students excel in Professional Examinations.
- Students outshine in various sports activities of University / State level.
- State-of-Art infrastructure.
- Faculty members have to their credit more than 200 research publications.
- Patent has been published by the Faculty members.
- Annual industrial Visits are organized for the students to get first-hand experience of the industry.
Graduates can work as technical support engineers, design/research and development engineers, production engineers or service engineers in various fields such as electrical and electronic companies, telecommunications companies, computer hardware or software companies, network companies and many others.
To establish Department as a centre of Excellence in Academics & Research with advancement of Electronics Engineering
To create an environment for learning and imparting quality Education to full fill needs Society.
- Program Educational Objectives
PE01: Professional Knowledge :Graduate should acquire fundamental knowledge in Electronics and Telecommunication subjects along with Mathematics , Basic science , Interdisciplinary Engineering, Management and Economics enabling them to solve basic engineering problems.
PE02: Professional Employment: Graduates will succeed in getting the entry level positions in Electronics and Telecommunication firms, manufacturing firms, and Government organizations at National /International level.
PE03: Higher studies and Life Long learning: Graduate will succeed in pursuit of higher degree in Engineering and continue the lifelong learning.
PE04: Social Engineering: Graduates will aware of social responsibility, ethical standards, environmental issues, so that they serve the society better.
- Program Outcomes
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and Engineering
- An ability to design, conduct experiments as well as to analyze and interpret a data.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to solve, formulate and solve engineering problems
- An understating of Professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- A reorganization of a need for, and ability to engage in lifelong learning
- An knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use techniques, skills, modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.